Driving In the EU 1st January 2021 and beyond…

There are some changes to driving in the EU with effect from 1st January 2021.
It is a requirement from the 1st January 2021 that you will need a Green Card if you intend to drive or take your vehicle out of the UK.
If you are intending to do this then please contact us giving sufficient time for us to issue you with a Green Card prior to your travel.
You will need to let us know if you will be towing a trailer or caravan as these will need a separate Green Card.
We will need full vehicle and trailer information to include the make, model and registration number of the vehicle being taken together with any towed vehicle/trailer identification number.
We will also need details of drivers, countries being visited and travel dates.

It is a requirement that you take a physical paper document with you to produce, if necessary. An electronic version will not be acceptable (although the document no longer needs to be printed on green paper).


If you are in any doubt then please contact us.


For general motor or bike Green Card enquiries call: 0121 506 6040


For Motor Trade Green Card enquiries call: 0121 422 2282 



Additional information